William A. Feldman
WILLIAM A. FELDMAN is the founding partner of the law offices of William A. Feldman, LLC. which has been practicing law in northern New Jersey and various other jurisdictions since 1966. Mr. Feldman's areas of practice include all aspects of Civil Litigation, including many trials and appeals. His practice focuses on all aspects of employment law, including harassment, discrimination, wrongful termination, retaliation, and negotiation of severance agreements. In addition, his practice areas include extensive negotiation, trial and appellate experience in the fields of construction contract and public bidding disputes and professional malpractice, including professional negligence in the fields of medicine, law, and engineering, as well as in disputes among partners, shareholders and others in business settings. He has achieved numerous settlements for his clients in excess of $1,000,000 in cases ranging from employment law to medical malpractice, and from products liability to public contracts. On the defense side, in a major construction dispute "Bill" recently defended a nationally known firm of design engineers and architects successfully in a suit by the general contractor arising from a major construction project at the Kean University campus in Union County, New Jersey, entirely defeating all claims against his clients. Those claims totalled over $5,000,000.
Mr. Feldman has successfully argued many appeals before the New Jersey Superior Court Appellate Division, the New Jersey Supreme Court and the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
In addition to his litigation practice in the State of New Jersey, Mr. Feldman has appeared in the state and federal courts of New York, Massachusetts, Connecticut, North Carolina, Illinois, Texas, and Puerto Rico.
Mr. Feldman received his law degree from Rutgers University School of Law in Newark in 1966. He received a Bachelor of Arts degree, majoring in English literature, from Rutgers University in New Brunswick in 1964. After being admitted to the New Jersey State and United States District Court Bars in 1966, Mr. Feldman practiced for several years as an associate with firms specializing in civil litigation and commenced his individual law practice in 1968 in Paterson, where he also served as an Assistant City Attorney and Municipal Court Prosecutor between 1969-1972.
Mr. Feldman served a four year term as a member of the New Jersey Supreme Court District Eleven Ethics Committee (1984-88), and is a member of the Passaic County and New Jersey State Bar Associations. He has been certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Certified Civil Trial Attorney since 1985, having been re-certified in 1992, 1999 and 2006. Between 1995-2006, Mr. Feldman served as a Master of the Justice Robert L. Clifford American Inn of Court, a bench-bar cooperative organization focusing on civil litigation instruction for the development of professional skills among younger members of the bar.
Prior to relocating his practice to Fairfield, New Jersey, Mr. Feldman practiced as a founding partner with the Wayne firm of Feldman & Fiorello, LLC from 1986 to mid-2010.
- Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Civil Trial Attorney, 1985, 1992,1999, and 2006.
- New Jersey, 1966
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1966
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 1985
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1985
- Rutgers The State University of New Jersey School of Law - Newark, Newark, New Jersey, 1966 LL.B
- Rutgers The State University of New Jersey, New Brunswick, NJ, USA, 1964
- Representative Cases:
- R.J. Longo Construction Co., Inc. v. Ocean Co. Sewerage Auth., 586 F. 2d 835 (C.A.3 1978)
- R.J. Longo Construction Co., Inc. v. Passaic Valley Sewerage Commissioners, 997 F. Supp. 593 (DNJ 1998)
- R.J. Longo Construction Co., Inc. v. Transit America, Inc., 921 F. Supp. 1295 (DNJ 1996)
- R.J. Longo Construction Co., Inc. v. Schragger, 218 N.J. Super. 206 (App. Div. 1985)
- River Vale Tp. v. R.J. Longo Construction Co., Inc., 127 NJ Super 207 (Law Div. 1974)
- Baird v. American Medical Optics, 155 NJ 54 ( 1998)
- Dobco v. Facilities Development Corp., 1999 N.Y. App. Div. Lexis 7682 ( 1999)
Honors and Awards:
- Certificate of Appreciation, NJ Supreme Court, for District IX Ethics Committee Service
- Certified by New Jersey Supreme Court as Civil Trial Attorney: 1985, 1992, 1999, 2006
- Designated as a "SuperLawyer" (2006 & 2010), New Jersey Monthly & SuperLawyers magazine
- Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Passaic County Bar Association Member
- New Jersey State Bar Association Member
- Justice Robert L. Clifford American Inn of Court, 1995 - 2006
- Master (Instructor) and Member of Executive Board
- New Jersey Supreme Court, 1984 - 1988
- Member, District XI Ethics Committee Passaic County Legal Aid Society, 1982 - 1991 Trustee
Past Employment Positions:
- Paterson, New Jersey, Municipal Legal Assistant & Municipal Court Prosecutor, 1969 - 1972